The hours at work have been pretty rough in the past month, especially with three deals closing in consecutive weeks. Not that it’s been so miserable — I’ve actually felt good about some of my contributions to the group, and I recently had a year-end review which turned out much better than I had expected. Nonetheless, I need to remind myself that certain passions and interests await and that they will soon be indulged. Some notes – for myself, if not for the few who trek the vast webscape to read my entries:
* moving to Astoria next week. goodbye to the luxurious high-rise of 420 west 42nd street. i’ll miss the doormen, the ridiculous view from the 36th floor, and the convenience of major subways nearby. but paying half the rent and getting a quieter, different look at life slightly outside of New York will be very interesting. and to be exact, my address will read Long Island City. my roommates will be Andy Ni and John Jung.
* will make films again. i have a craving for making motion pictures. yes, i studied film in school and even made a few movies for fun (check out this one about a kid who decides to do banking and regrets it) – and i think when time becomes available, I will definitely look to write, direct, film, and edit some shorts. i’m a huge fan of Hou Hsiao-Hsien, especially his films starring Shu Qi and hope to make films similar to Three Times and Millenium Mambo.
* it’s called Barrel LLC. wook, dan, and i can finally call ourselves small business owners. we’ve been incorporated in the state of New York, although we still have a ton of paperwork to complete and fees to pay before we can whip out our company cards and company Blackberries. design, branding, marketing, e-publishing, and consulting will be our primary service offerings. we hope to make lots of money, learn many things, and be proud of our work – and not necessarily in that order.
* melanie comes back from Taiwan in a few weeks. she never writes about me in her blog though.
* write. it’ll be about a bunch of korean american kids who grow up with their awesome Christian names. i swear, i’m going to write it.
* re-entry into social life. care about columbia again, host dinner parties, seek out old friends/acquaintances, try to organize an HBA event.
* take things slow, don’t have a plan, and stop being so anxious.